Well Seal with Jet Pump
Does Your Well Look Like This?
Well Seal with a Single or Double Pipe Jet Pump
- Jet pumps are “above ground” systems which exist almost exclusively in warmer southern climates. Sometimes these are exposed to the elements, and sometimes they are protected in small pump-houses or basements.
- The water exits through a hole in the well seal. The only weight suspended from the well seal comes from the pipe, the foot-valve, and the water in the pipe.
- These pipes are often PVC and may be easily cut and re-glued as required to accommodate the installation of a hand well pump.
- When adding a hand pump to a double pipe jet pump configuration, a third hole is required.
- A FloJak installation will require a three-hole well seal. Well seals consist of two round disks which sandwich a flexible rubber donut in the middle.
- The lower disk is threaded so that when the four bolts on top are tightened, the disks squeeze the donut which expands out against the inside walls of the casing.
- This locks the seal like a plug inside the casing, and locks and seals the pipes in place securely.
- Well seals come in all common sizes with the appropriately sized holes, and may be purchased at FloJak.com or any plumbing supply house, and most home centers, for under $40.